Why Financial Coaching?
We all have dreams and many of us have a plan for our life and family. Whether we realize those dreams will heavily depend on how well we steward our resources in fulfilling our daily needs while preparing for our future. Most people don’t have the financial skills in planning, budgeting, and investing to be as successful as they could be, because these competencies are rarely taught within families or educational institutions.
Most people have a vision, and if not, at least some general ideas of what they want their career/job, marriage, children, hobbies, faith, and lifestyle to reflect in order to have a happy and purposeful life. What some fail to appreciate is the importance of financial knowledge, a budget, and the stewardship required to achieve these goals.
Who Should Consider Financial Coaching?
Financial coaching is people who want greater control and empowerment over their money so they can achieve their goals and live out their purpose. There’s no better time than now to start making better financial decisions. Whether you are 16, 75, or any age in between, you can benefit from a personal financial coach.
What Is Financial Coaching?
Financial coaching is a journey with a knowledgeable financial partner who will do one or more of the following depending on your current financial savviness:
- provide you with a financial education and tools
- be a resource for vetting financial options
- challenge you to define life goals
- teach basic budgeting skills
- help you identify and overcome financial obstacles
- be an accountability partner
Financial coaches shouldn’t have affiliations with investment firms or banking institutions to ensure they don’t have any bias when helping you make the best financial decisions for your circumstances. You’re paying a coach for empowering you with perspective, tools, and knowledge without a financial gain in your choices.
What Would Be The Typical Process?
Although every coaching relationship is unique, a financial coach should:
- assess your financial acumen
- determine whether you have any defined goals
- request a copy and review your current budget
- evaluate your ability to execute a budget
The ultimate goals of financial coaching are to:
- support you in developing a life vision and financial plan to achieve it
- empower you with financial information to ask the right questions, evaluate options, and make sound financial decisions
- increase your motivation, self-confidence, and skill in budget execution
- create strategies that allow you to achieve your goals while meeting your budget constraints
If you would like to learn more or schedule a session, please contact Sandra Dillon.