What’s your favorite quote on money? That was the question asked in a Q&A while leading my Affording Your Lifestyle workshop for the Prison Entrepreneurship Program. There’s hundreds of quotes to take to heart or take to the bank. I share my favorite in every financial workshop: “If you can’t live on $30,000 a year, you won’t be able to live on $300,000.” If you won’t live on a balanced budget when you don’t have two nickels to rub together, you’ll never have the discipline to live within your means and create long-term wealth.
Each of the quotes below are worth a read and some reflection. How does each quote resonate with you? What feelings do they evoke? Which ones might you apply more of in you life? Solid financial stewardship provides the foundation for building a life plan. It’s important to evaluate your money mindset, worldview, and the role money plays in your life. Is your relationship with money working for you and helping you achieve your dreams?
My Favorite Money Quotes
- “Too many people spend money they earned…to buy things they don’t want…to impress people that they don’t like.” [Will Rogers]
- “If you live for having it all what you have is never enough.” [Mike Ditka]
- “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” [Robert Kiyosaki]
- “A big part of financial freedom is having your heart and mind free from worry about the what-ifs of life.” [Suze Orman]
- “Never spend your money before you have it.” [Thomas Jefferson]
- “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” [Ayn Rand]
- “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” [Jim Rohn]
- “You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” [Dave Ramsey]
- “The only way you’ll take control of your financial future is to dig deep inside yourself and fix the root problem that got you into your financial mess.” [Sandra Dillon]
- “Wealth is not about having a lot of money; it’s about having a lot of options.” [Chris Rock]
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” [Winston Churchill]
“Money is not the currency that measures success” is a worldview counter to today’s message. I care about money in terms of its influence to achieve my servant leadership goals. If you have a favorite financial quote or a money message that’s had a major impact on your life, I’d love to hear from you.
About the Author: Sandra Dillon is a professional life coach with an extensive background in leadership, finances, and business consulting. She has a passion to help people be the hero of their own life stories. She administers assessments, designs, and facilitates workshops, and coaches both individuals and teams. You can learn more about Sandra or engage her as your coach by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting her website at www.shinecrossings.com