Sandra Dillon: October 1, 2017
Calling all teachers, chefs, project workers, sports enthusiasts, medical professionals, social workers, mental health providers, consultants, computer whizzes, and anyone with a servant heart. Do you want to learn about a new country, make a meaningful impact, feel appreciated, and experience the mutual joy of sharing your time and talents? If so, please consider joining a diverse team who will serve the people of Colombia during the summer of 2018?
Conviventia is unlocking human potential in Bogota, Cartagena, and Barranquilla by providing basic education, vocational training, and family strengthening through schools, community development centers (CDC), and services with a Christ-based worldview. To continue the impact of transforming lives, they need and would appreciate the investment of your time, knowledge, and support through an ongoing relationship. Our friends and family have all been blessed with experiences, opportunities, and talents that Conviventia would love to put in use. Although the need is great, some of the more pressing opportunities for impact include:
- Teach teachers, staff, and students (preschool, elementary, and higher)
- Develop and lead English lessons
- Share classroom best practices, theories of learning, discipline and strategies for working in large groups
- Design and conduct classroom projects for math, music, science, and art
- Teach business, vocational, and life skills classes
- Lead construction projects that support and enhance the integrity of the facilities
- Strategize and design programs that increase community safety, beautification, and neighborhood connection
- Design and conduct a health brigade for parents and children
- Develop and lead family strengthening activities:
- Workshops on marriage, relationships, financial, conflict, handling a crisis
- Family sports and activities
- Parenting classes
- Home visits
- Vision/life projects
- Evangelize with campaigns directed toward children, parents, elders and youth in the community
- Plan and conduct vigils and camps
- Teach a Bible class
- Teach songs, do crafts, and orchestrate a class play
- Lead sports lessons and activities
Have no doubts that everyone is equipped to do or share something. What is on your heart to lead? This list may not include your special talents, yet we know Conviventia can put them to good use. Reach out and let us know how you would like to contribute.
About the Authors: Sandra and Darin Dillon have a passionate calling to organize and take teams on short-term mission trips to developing countries with the purpose of blessing both the teams and communities they serve. Previous missions have included drilling water wells, installing water purification systems, leading business-as-mission workshops, and evangelizing as well as teaching hygiene and nutrition. You can learn more about the Dillons by visiting their website at www.shinecrossingsministry.com.