Excerpt from Sandra Dillon’s El Salvador mission journal (October 22, 2016)
I am writing my last entry before our team departs for El Salvador. God has been stirring up a lot of imagery and concepts with me these past couple of weeks. In early October while enjoying a few margaritas and Mexican flavors with Matt and Holly Smith, I shared our calling to launch a group of people who would meet on a regular basis with the sole purpose of supporting each other as each moves out into his/her mission field. Six months ago, Darin and I left our life group, because we wanted to use the time for service as well as to explore a concept that God was placing on our hearts. We desired to launch a group (unknown what it would be called then) whose sole purpose would be for missional living and outreach. As Darin and I continued to focus on developing short-term mission trips to Kenya and El Salvador and serving in the Prison Entrepreneurship Program and marriage/premarital ministry, this concept took a back burner. However, on October 7th, Matt and Holly challenged us to launch it, and excitedly said they wanted in. That night, as Darin and I laid in bed, I told him I thought God was telling us it was time! God’s message was coming through the spoken words of Matt and Holly. At that moment I committed to develop the program before we left for El Salvador to take the team to drill a well and do pump repair. Because God placed this initiative on our hearts, the details flowed as I put thought to paper. Shine Crossings will be launching World Changers on Mission (WCoM) whose inspirational Scripture is Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (NIV).
The World Changers Vision
Build a transforming Christian army to love the world as Christ loves all
The World Changers Mission Statement
- Coach leaders to crush their limiting beliefs, love who they are, and discover their identity in Christ
- This mission will be accomplished through the following goals:
- Self-exploring to identify lies that are holding back personal identity and service and replace with the truth
- Driving on world service in ways that show Jesus’s love to others and which honor personal spiritual gifts and talents
- Meeting people where they are in their personal spiritual journey and providing information and encouragement to pursue Christ as their personal savior
- Developing and encouraging future world changers to organize and move out in service
For those who want to learn more about this initiative, I have developed a simple PowerPoint that provides more explanation and detail. Email me if you are interested in receiving more information. Because I know how God works, I cannot help but wonder how this mission trip will impact or further develop the concept of World Changers on Mission.
I am reminded of TD Jakes’ message from the Global Leadership Summit (GLS) in which he said that if you can accomplish your dream on your own, you are not dreaming big enough. World Changers on Mission (WCoM) may have been birthed by Darin and me through God’s planting of a mustard seed in fertile soil, but WCoM is about empowering everyone to move in their purpose. TD Jakes, pastor of The Potter’s House in Dallas, Texas, has some incredibly powerful quotes which I share for thought-provoking action:
- “Don’t stop at where you are as if it were the destination, when in fact, in reality, it may be the transportation that brings you into that thing you were created to do.”
- “Everything you’ve gone through is preparation for what’s about to happen in your life. The Lord has already given you a word, move!”
- “We need to be who we were called to be instead of contorting ourselves into what other people want us to be!”
- “It is time for us to find the thing we were created to do, the people we were meant to affect, and the power that comes from alignment with purpose.”
- “Here is the problem with how many people approach the question of purpose: many are looking outside of themselves for their purpose, destiny, or meaning in life. The very key to knowing your purpose is discovering and celebrating your personal identity.”
- “God is about to plant you in a big thing. Your eyes have not seen, your ears have not heard, neither has entered into your heart what God has in store for you!”
- “If we are called to be the salt of the earth, we have to get out of the saltshaker. Get out of your comfort zone, enlarge your territory.”
- “Your Passion is your conviction about it, your Purpose is why you do it, your Destiny is where.”
- “At any age you can still ignite your passion through finding your purpose.”
- “When you know your purpose, you know what isn’t your purpose, so you can stop being distracted trying to do something that is not in the wheelhouse of what you were designed to do!”
All of TD Jakes’ (www.tdjakes.com) key messages are foundational to what WCoM embodies. So, what field is God calling you into?